- 2 10-ounce packages frozen chopped spinach
- 2 T butter or margarine
- 8 ounces sliced fresh mushrooms (3 cups)
- 1 14-ounce can artichoke hearts, drained and chopped
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- ½ cup dairy sour cream
- 5 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- ⅓ cup grated Parmesan cheese
Cook spinach according to package directions; drain well, squeezing out excess liquid. In a 10-inch skillet, melt the butter or margarine. Add mushrooms; cook and stir over medium heat until tender. Set aside.
Preheat oven to 350°. In a 1½-quart casserole, place artichoke hearts. Top with mushrooms. Place spinach on top. Combine mayonnaise, sour cream, and lemon juice; spread over spinach. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese. Bake, uncovered, about 20 minutes or until bubbly and lightly browned.
If using uncooked and defrosted spinach, drain well. Once cooked, serve immediately.
A tried-and-true favorite for any Thanksgiving feast.
Adapted from Heart and Soul: Stirring Recipes from Memphis by the Junior League of Memphis