- ¼ cup pine nuts, toasted and cooled
- 1 clove garlic
- 3 cups fresh basil leaves, loosely packed
- ⅛ cup Parmigiano cheese, grated
- ⅛ cup Pecorini cheese, grated
- 1 T lemon juice
- ¼ cup olive oil
- ½ t salt (or to taste)
- freshly ground pepper to taste
Add pine nuts and garlic to food processor and process until minced.
Add the basil, cheeses and lemon juice and process until fully combined, stopping to scrape sides with spatula as needed. While processor is on, gradually pour the oil through the chute. Continue processing until well blended, while adding salt and pepper to taste.
Fold into pasta gradually, tasting for light basil flavor.