- 3 c. uncooked oatmeal- (not quick cooking)
- 2 c. chopped nuts (use 1 c. sliced almonds and 1 c. slivered almonds, or whatever you have on hand
- 1 c. dried fruit (optional)- jumbo raisins work well
- 1/2-1 c. coconut- flaked sweeted or unsweetened curls (available at Whole Foods or Fresh Market) depending on how much you like
- 1 T. vanilla
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp. salt (optional)
- 1/3 c. brown sugar
- 1 c. pure maple syrup (the good stuff)
Mix in bowl and let sit 5-10 minutes. Transfer to baking sheet lined with parchment or use non stick cookie sheet.
Bake 325 degrees for 20 minutes.
Stir then bake another 15 minutes or so until lightly browned.
Cool on tray slightly and then scrape with spatula onto parchment or foil on to cool completely.
Adapted from The Silver Palate Cookbook