- ½ pound (1 stick) butter, softened
- 3 T mustard
- 3 T poppy seeds
- 1 medium onion finely chopped
- 1 t Worcestshire sauce
- 4 packages Party Rolls, each package should contain 20 rolls in one “sheet” (Pepperidge Farms are the classic)
- 1 lb. country ham, thinly sliced
- ½ lb Swiss cheese, thinly sliced
Combine first five ingredients.
Using a long serrated knife, slice each package of rolls halfway through and open up like one large roll. Spread mustard mixture on inside of top and bottom halves. Layer ham and cheese evenly over the bottom.
Replace tops. Wrap tightly in aluminum foil. Bake at 400 degrees for 10 minutes.
To serve, using a long serrated knife, slice through the sheet along the lines of the rolls to make individual servings.
May be refrigerated or frozen and reheated before serving.
A perfect tailgate go-to. They can be warmed at home before leaving for the game. To transport, wrap in foil, then layers of newspaper. The rolls are delicious warm or at room temperature.
featured in Tailgate Tuesday ~ Hearty Fare