- 1 cup hot grits cooked in salted water
- 1 cup (4 oz.) freshly shredded pepper Jack cheese
- ½ cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 2 T chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 garlic clove, chopped
- few drops Tabasco or other hot pepper sauce, optional
- 18 to 20 sweet mini bell peppers
Stir together first 5 ingredients until cheese is melted; add salt and pepper to taste, as well as Tabasco sauce, if desired. Cover and chill 8 hours.
Preheat broiler with oven rack 6 inches from heat.
Cut peppers in half lengthwise, leaving stems intact; remove seeds. Spoon grits mixture into pepper halves. Place on a broiler pan.
Broil 4 minutes or until golden.