- 1 sweet onion, diced
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 1 (1-lb.) package hot ground pork sausage
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 t chopped fresh thyme
- ½ cup dry white wine
- 1 (8-oz.) package cream cheese, softened
- 1 (6-oz.) package fresh baby spinach, coarsely chopped
- ¼ t salt
- 1 (15-oz.) can pinto beans, drained and rinsed
- ½ cup (2 oz.) shredded Parmesan cheese
- Corn chip scoops, red bell pepper strips, pretzel rods, for serving
Preheat oven to 375°.
Cook diced onion and next 2 ingredients in a large skillet over medium-high heat, stirring often, 8 to 10 minutes or until meat crumbles and is no longer pink. Drain. Stir in garlic and thyme; cook 1 minute. Stir in wine; cook 2 minutes or until liquid has almost completely evaporated.
Add cream cheese and cook, stirring constantly, 2 minutes or until cream cheese is melted. Stir in spinach and salt, and cook, stirring constantly, 2 minutes or until spinach is wilted. Gently stir in beans. Pour mixture into a 2-qt. baking dish; sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
Bake for 18 to 20 minutes or until golden brown.
Serve with corn chip scoops, bell pepper strips, or pretzel rods.