Dear Gracious Readers,
Over the last four years, Alison and I have found so much joy creating The Gracious Posse and sharing it with you. When we launched in January 2013, we hoped to connect with like-minded women and celebrate clever, delightful and beautiful inspiration discovered through these connections. Throughout this journey, your encouragement has spurred us on, while your willingness to share tips and comments inspired and energized us. What an adventure we have had!
But like any ride, all good things must come to an end, and so it is for The Gracious Posse. This decision is bittersweet. Alison and I have grown closer through this venture and made countless new friends. This blog proved the perfect transition into the empty nest life, and the plethora of ideas gained has us itching to channel ourselves into new endeavors that are not possible when deadlines loom.
The business of blogging has changed considerably since we launched our first post. The best of the best are forced to promote affiliate products and fill their pages with ads. We refused to subject you to the dreaded pop-up to the detriment of any sane business model. Blogging is transitioning to vlogging, while in fulfillment of the old adage, images are supplanting the need for thousands of words.
Recognizing that change is indeed one of the very few constants, we have come to peace with our decision. We will miss the collaborations and will remain ever grateful to
- Our artists, educators and writers in residence who let us peek into their homes.
- Our friends who gave us recipes, travel tips, shared talents and collections, and welcomed us into their homes to see their wedding, holiday decorating and Rivah life.
- The professionals who took precious time to share their talents with us: Lisa Burlee, Dana Gibson, Inge Labuschagne, Susan Sprinkle, Ginny Rogan, Frances Aylor, Ashley Farley and Janie Molster (wasn’t she the perfect final chapter?).
- All who attended our Royal Baby Shower and Think Pink fundraisers.
- Our husbands who supported our efforts in a myriad of unsung ways.
We plan to keep the site up through through December 2018, for reference and access to our Roundup of Our Favorite Recipes. We will keep our stationery site, thegraciousposse.egbreeze.com, up through the end of October 2017, and we’ll publicize the specials offered until then so you can do some holiday shopping.
From the bottom of our hearts, thank you for welcoming us into your lives! We hope you captured a little joy whenever you visited and wish all of you the very best. Most
September 26, 2017