Most of us love a good snow day every now and again, but too much of a good thing is decidedly not snowtastic. If you’ve had enough hunkering down in front of the fireplace and still can’t get out today, consider doing one of these activities. Don’t worry, we’re not advocating you attack that irksome closet. Everybody has a different idea on how to spend their found-inside-time, so we hope we have something for everyone.
For the Naturalist
- Water your indoor plants. Give them a good shower and cleanup by dead-heading and removing spent leaves.
- Feed the birds. Don’t forget our feathered friends. You can fill your bird feeder, spread bird seed after the snow has stopped, or if you’re ambitious make one of kMg‘s ornaments to hang from a tree branch (p.s. they also make great Valentine’s gifts).
For the Foodie
- Sharpen your knives. Clean your oven. Both probably need it after the holidays.
- Go through your Pinterest boards (or peruse our Recipes Tried and True and Recipes Gotta Try) and identify new recipes to make once you can get back out to the grocery.
For the Techie
- Update your apps and software on across all of your devices.
- Clean out your inbox, unsubscribe from unwanted newsletters and promotions (NOT The Gracious Posse, of course) or organize your digital photos.
- Research and decide if the Apple Watch is for you (Alison and LDB say yes).
For the Exerciser
- See how many steps you can get on your Fitbit from inside your house.
For the Christmas Manager
- Update your Christmas card list with change of addresses and new additions to your list.
- Document what your did this Christmas: what worked and what you would do differently next year.
For the Tourist
- Plan your spring break or summer vacation.
For Avid Readers
Just for You
- Give yourself a facial, manicure or pedicure. If you don’t have a facial mask on hand, search Pinterest. I’ve seen numerous recipes for homemade facial masks using natural products you probably have in your pantry.
I just love these quiet snow days of winter. The closet can wait. Tell us how you are happily spending your snow day.
January 25, 2016