The CAbi 2015 Spring Collection has walked the runway, taken off and will land in RVA this week. Lisa Dempster returns for two shows at my home:
Thursday, February 12 from 10 to 5
Friday, February 13 from 4 to 7
When Lisa pulls in the driveway with her SUV full of the black garment bags, I feel like it’s Christmas all over again, only without the stress. Really, I get so excited to unzip the bags and help her display the new garments.
Having previewed the clothes, I wonder, What will be my must-haves?
Which item will surprise me the most?
What items will I not buy and end up calling Lisa to order after the show?
Lisa says the new Spring collection will
keep you on trend without being trendy. New styling additions . . . include a SHORT (30” inseam) pant length on some pant styles and continuation of the Curvy pant fit that CAbi introduced last fall. A new collection of jewelry, including some fabulous statement pieces, will be available beginning February 16. And Carol has created 5 new pieces as part of the Love, Carol collection. Look for the New Arrivals (additions to the Spring Collection) to be ready March 18 and April 28!
Here are our Favorite Five top trends to wake up Spring!
- Stripes – Nothing says Spring better than stripes, and CAbi’s are thick, thin, or brushstroked. The Bengal Stripe Tee, the Wide Stripe Tank, and the Brushstroke Dress are on target.
- Scatter Prints – Allover prints, whether they are floral or geometric, always provide an easy transition to your lifestyle. This season’s Heart Of CAbi top, the Mosaic Print Top, features a tunic style in ombred shades from light pink and greens to periwinkle. Light and breezy!
- Tropical Punch – more than just a print. Reflecting bold and strong (the Palm Grass Tank) or soft and flowing (Butterfly Wrap Top), this is an easygoing tropical inspired aesthetic. The Paradise Cropped Jean will become second skin . . . they are that comfortable.
- Jacket Required – Isn’t this why we LOVE CAbi? Structured or casual, a great jacket is the basis for so many wardrobe options and makes for great traveling wardrobe capsules. The Jeanie Jacket gives you permission to get a new denim jacket with its fit . . . nipped in at the waist! Some of our sweaters (Roadster Sweater) are perfect for a jacket look! Too many to choose from!
- Lazy Sunday – Throw it on, stay in, stay out, chic comfort. Is it athletic wear or athleisure? Run About Pant, Reversible Wrap Skirt, Weekend Jacket, French Navy Jumpsuit will have you ready to go!
AND, our CAbi must haves
- Haute Tote – Big or small or a carryall. The backpack is back!
- Fresh Sole – Sporty sneakers (think Vans), strappy sandals and flats . . . NUDE
- Makeup Counter – Let your (matte red) lips do the talking! Check out MAC Ruby Woo, NARS Heat Wave, Chanel – Pirate, Dior #999, or Bobbie Brown – Red Hot. These are a few great shades to try out for your skin tone.
- Bag It – Pocketbooks, bags, whatever you want to call them . . . downsize to little ladylike purses.
- Jewelry – Bangle bracelets and statement necklaces
Consider this your invitation to attend the show and shop in a quiet home.
Thursday, February 12th from 10 a.m.- 5 p.m.
Friday, February 13th from 4 – 7 p.m. (wine time)
Other times available by appointment (please go here for more info)
When you attend, you can enter your name for a chance to win one item at 50% off retail price. Limited selections of previous seasons’ clothing will also be available at great discounts!
If you come on Friday afternoon, we’ll be pouring wine. Clothes, friends and wine. #what’snottolove?