Alison and I are thrilled to welcome the CAbi Fall 2014 collection to Richmond. CAbi consultant Lisa Dempster will show the collection at my house September 17-19 (see schedule below). I have a closet full of workhorse CAbi pieces from previous collections, and I always look forward to a new season to see how I can extend what I already own. That’s one of the reasons I love this line. Many items work with older pieces so you get a lot of fashion bang for your buck.
CAbi consultants don’t just present the current collection. They receive extensive training twice a year to stay on top of current fashion trends to keep us in the know. This is Lisa’s take on the trends for this season.
Fall 2014 trends continue with pattern play in tops, pants and jackets, and subtle mixes with a touch of luxe such as fur, puffing and texture. Cozy sweaters that are comfortable
but can be polished enough for a night out. Looking for sophisticated or uptown chic? Pair the skinny jean or Audrey Pant with the Business Tee and the Frolic Jacket
and you’re good to go. And in keeping with this year’s color of the year, a touch of plumberry or pink
will add the perfect pop to your wardrobe.
This Season’s Must Haves
We all want to know, if I’m going to spend a little to stay current, what are the must haves? Lisa replies,
- A purse that pops. Whether a small clutch or a cross-body carryall, go for a strong color. Thin orange, ochre, orchid or blue.
- Stylish sneaker. This is not about a workout shoe, although there are some stylish ones out there. Check out a Vans Sneaker for a run-around-town shoe.
- Cropped pant. This can be just above the ankle, but not mid-calf.
- Bootie. Doesn’t have to look like a boot…think of a slender heel with the bootie look.
- Pumped-up Pump. While we’re on shoes, the pump is a mainstay and a block heel will have you right on trend and is so comfortable to wear. Have fun with the myriad of colors and texture. I’m loving the orchid suede pump from J. Crew.
- Colored Denim. In particular, grey denim. This becomes the neutral backdrop to all of your tops, jackets and sweaters. Make a point to try our Stormy Wash Jean.
- Bauble Necklace. And CAbi has the perfect Contessa Necklace for that! Not only a bauble necklace, but it breaks down to a fabulous bracelet, anther necklace arrangement, and baubles for our earrings!
The CAbi Look Book contains the current line and prices, and the Bonus Book shows more fashion tips and trends and how the current CAbi line is in lock-step with them. Below are a few of the items that will be the first I take back to the dressing room with me.
Love this reversible vest and snakeskin blouse!
Come on over to see what the fuss is about!
No need to make an appointment, but do bring a friend if you like. It’s nice to have a posse pal to critique with you.
Wednesday, September 17th ~ 7 – 9 pm
Thursday, September 18th ~ 10 am – 3 pm
Friday, September 19th ~ 10 am – 2 pm
for directions, contact us at email@example.com
September 10, 2014