Earlier this Fall, Ellen shared some favorite cornbread recipes that drew several responses. dBm told us about an incredibly addictive one that she had enjoyed at a friend’s home and tracked the recipe down for us. This version from lRl is so rich and decadent that it deserves its own starring role at a meal.
A little goes a long way, so if you have are having a large group for the traditional Thanksgiving groaning board, one recipe will serve at least 18. You will not need or want to have another corn dish on the menu either. Creamed corn and four eggs make it so moist that you should plan to serve the cornbread straight from the casserole dish.
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 2 cups sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1½ cans cream style corn
- 1 cup Monterey jack cheese (shredded)
- 1 cup cheddar cheese (shredded)
- 1 cup flour
- 1 cup white cornmeal
- ½ tsp salt
- 4 t baking powder
- Cream together butter and sugar. Add eggs one at a time. Then add corn, cheeses, cornmeal, flour, salt and baking powder.
- Put mixture into a greased 13 x 9 pan. Bake for one hour at 325°.
- Yellow cornmeal will work too, but lRl prefers white, which is what we tested with.
We guarantee you will love this! Thanks so much for the recipe dBm. We would love to hear from the rest of our posse with must-try Thanksgiving-esque recipes. We’ve got another on tap for tomorrow, but we still want to hear from you.